Monday, July 30, 2007

Mayhem!



First of all, I finished my art project from those pictures I took in Mexico a few years ago and my newly discovered life verse. Tada! Ignore the Carebear sheets that I sleep on. When I can find where I hid the picture nails it will go above my bed.













In other news, I sat down with my fall schedule today. I think I may have lost my mind. I know I always say that about my schedule. It's just that I want to do everything and I can't say no. Well, I don't want to work at the Y quite as much but I don't really have a choice. Rent and food certainly isn't free. Anyways, here's a grid of my fall schedule. I'm a nerd and the colors correspond with my weekly dry erase board calendar marker colors and my planner pen colors. Black is school, blue is church or cru, red is work, and green is crisis center. Pencil is for things that I don't know yet. Here's a picture of it. This goes from 7:30am to 9:30pm to give you some perspective. What still has to be added is running with Lauren a few times a week, a weekly 4 hr crisis center shift, hopefully still meeting with Emily every week, babysitting or hanging out with my mom friends, my online class, and doing the homework for the 19 credit hours that I am taking. There is one thing that I'm happy about schedule wise. I get so stressed out about exercising enough, and I've made so much progress this summer on that. But my schedule has exercise built right in, I teach aquacise 3 times a week, and I have ballet for sure twice a week (but hopefully 3 times a week), and Lauren and I run together a few mornings a week. That's plenty of activity and I'll be too busy to stress out about trying to do any more. But am I taking on too much?

2 comments:

The Rock Star said...

I think you will be ok if you focus on studying in the inbetween times. Like before/after classes or work... Good luck keeping sane! ;)

Ann said...

How much studying will your classes require?
Are you good at studying in the afternoon?
What's going to "go" if it doesn't work?

If you have good answers for those questions, you'll survive...but think about what your plan will be for what "goes" if it is too much. I ended up dropping a class in my major my senior year of college because I was just too busy.