Monday, July 16, 2007

Why?

I don't understand a lot right now. I'm feeling really angry at the world and the bad things that happen. A friend of the family died Friday in a car accident. His mother in law died 3 months ago in a car wreck, and his wife and 2 daughters were at her house closing things up, and he left work Friday night to make the 8 hour drive. He made it to the town at 3am, and had a car accident on the same road that his mother in law just had an accident and died on. He was killed, as well as both of the passengers in the other car. It's not right, those girls grandma just died, and now their dad too. His poor wife just lost her mom and husband. It's wrong, that kind of thing shouldn't happen.

I also realized in the past 2 months that it's taken our life group to go through lifetimony's that I have some pretty intense feelings about life situations. I just get so angry hearing about miscarriages, abuse, and abandonment. I'm becoming consumed with being sad and angry about the bad things that happen to people. But I really don't know how to deal with it. I am really grateful that I have the gift of compassion and that I have deep feelings for the situations that people are in. But what do you do when it's too much? I can't listen to people's life stories and cry uncontrollably because I'm so overwhelmed with sadness and anger that this happened to them. No one ever showed me what to do with this and I can't figure it out. Is it ok to be angry about it? I just really don't know.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Wow. That's a lot for one family. I think it's ok to be angry, as long as the anger doesn't paralyze you or cause you to sin. Compassion is a hard gift.

Anonymous said...

it's definitely ok to be angry and sad and disappointed and hurt. as long as through all those emotions, we remember that God is sovereign and on the throne. it's such a lesson about "the tension" and living in the now but not yet. as natural beings, we have to process our emotions. as children of God, we have to believe that He truly does work all things out for the good of those who trust him. i'm so sorry to hear about your friend and his family. is there anything that you'd like to do to for them that we can help you do?