Saturday, July 14, 2007

Physical therapy is no fun

I'm no longer in couch prison! It's more like on couch parole. My stitches are out, the incisions look great, the infection that I had been fighting is completely gone and my white blood cell count is back to where it should be. I saw the surgeon again and he said that once he was inside my knee it was blatantly obvious that I had a medial plica and that's what was causing the problem. It's gone, with a 70% chance of complete recovery. He said the rest of my knee looks fantastic, so that's good news. I started physical therapy too. Last time it was more fun, not really painful. Yesterday I was in tears most of the hour and screamed once. Right now all we're working on is range of motion, because I'm around 30% on my own, and 60% if I use a towel to force it. They made me lay down, put my foot up on this block, then pressed down on my knee to force it straight, which was when I screamed. But you have to do it. My home exercises I have to do twice a day, and it takes like 40 minutes each times. It's basically making my knee straight, and using a towel to force it to bend back. It's gonna be a tough road. Now I know why my pain meds had 2 refills on them, I'm gonna need it all. And tomorrow I can head to the pool and start swimming some laps for exercise. Since I still have a lot of swelling I need to ice 6x's a day and try to have my knee above my heart for at least 2 hours during the day. That's why I'm on couch parole. But it's a whole lot better. And I'm in much better spirits now. Friday night I watched Raya for a few hours and had so much fun, we colored and played in her kiddie pool and had fun taking a bath with those letters that stick on the side of the tub. And she went to bed so easy which wasn't really expected. Tony and Sarah got home at like 10:30, and Sarah and I sat on the couch talking and laughing till midnight when I realized I had to be at work at 7:30 this morning. It was such a great night. I hadn't laughed in like 2 weeks, and I got plenty of it last night.

Oh, and here's the link to my recipezaar page, my goal is to add one recipe a week.
http://www.recipezaar.com/member/533101 I just
made a light version of peanut butter blossoms that I am going to put up today. They are super yummy. And Ann, don't worry, my devotion comments will return tonight, I kind of misplaced my book and it took a few days to find.

1 comment:

Ann said...

MMMM!!! Gotta try your recipes, especially the peanut butter blossoms!!