Saturday, July 28, 2007

life verse

One of my goals for the summer was to find a life verse. Something that reflects my mission in life, what I'm all about. Sarah inadvertently found it for me during our talk about wanting to adopt every unwanted kid in the world.

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice." Proverbs 31:8-9

That's it. That reflects the heart that God's given me for orphans, abused kids, single parents, people who are being taken advantage of, etc. I found a few pictures that I have from the last time I was in Mexico. I'm going to do something with at least one of them together with this verse and make something artistic to put over my bed. I really want to go back there, I miss the kids and I want to know how they're doing....maybe next year when the RVC kids are a little older and can come along we could make a trip happen. Or maybe I'll convince the family to take another trip there together.

No comments: