Wednesday, July 11, 2007

cooking monster

My mom created a cooking monster in me. My mom is an incredible chef, when I was in elementary school she would enter cooking contests and won several statewide contests, as well as a national Kraft foods contest. Well, so far this week I've made beer bread, broccoli salad, sweet and sour overnight salad, and today a great peach cobbler. I need to remember that when my roommates are all gone, stop cooking the full size! My mom is a member on recipezaar.com, and I made an account for myself on there. It's my favorite recipe sight ever because the calculate the nutrition facts for every recipe, and there are a ton of recipe's on there. Like when I searched for peach cobbler I got like 85 different recipes to choose from. So I'm having fun adapting all kinds of recipes to make them healthier. I'm trying out the peach cobbler I made on lifegroup tonight, hopefully it's good. I lost track of time while I was chatting with my mom on the phone about blanching veggies, so it's a little overcooked, and I spilled a little bit of water on it too. I tasted a little corner and that was ok, so I hope the rest is.

OH! And this is fun, remember how my fortune cookie yesterday said that I would get some good news from far away?! I got a postcard in the mail today from Lauren in Paris! WooHoo!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That's crazy about the postcard! And, if you ever want to use your cooking skills on the Yenerich's...we would be happy to support the cause (I have not really adopted the cooking gene).

P.S. We can always make a return trip to the zoo...let me know when you want to go!

Ann said...

Yummo... :)