Sunday, July 29, 2007

good song

I needed some think time this afternoon, so I set off on a walk down Salisbury to the Happy Hollow trails. I was listening to Craig Aven on my Ipod. He was one of the worship guys at my old church in Cincinnati and he got a record deal in Nashville, very exciting. Anyways, I'm walking along listening to his stuff, humming this other song that we used to sing a prayer and praise.

"You said, Ask and you will receive
Whatever you need
You said, Pray and I'll hear from heaven
And I'll heal your land

You said Your glory will fill the earth
Like water the sea
You said, Lift up your eyes
The harvest is here, the kingdom is near

You said, Ask and I'll give the nations to you
O Lord, that's the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see
Your light, as it rises on us"
Shane and Shane

Such a great song. It was the only thing I could think about on my walk. How cool would it be to work in an orphanage in another country some day. In high school I wanted to be a missionary but it was strongly discouraged so I changed my mind. But I still think it would be really awesome to have an orphanage in another country. We'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

The Rock Star said...

Yup! We used to sing that in InterVarsity. Great song! Very meaningful lyrics. :)

Ann said...

I know someone who works with an orphanage in the Ukraine...if you want me to connect you two, just let me know!