Sunday, July 15, 2007

Belated Day 6

Day 6: I Have Been Bought With a Price, I Belong To God

"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body." 1 Cor 6:19-20 (see also 1 Cor 7:23)

Man do I struggle with this. My biggest struggles stem from not honoring God with my body. And today I'm feeling really frustrated with my body. I dream of having a day where I am not in pain, but it never comes, and today's a really hard day. It's hard to be 22 and have some problems that you usually don't see in anyone who can't collect social security. And it mostly comes back to decisions I made a long time ago to not honor my body.

One of my favorite parts of this chapter was about how as one who belongs to God we have freedom in three ways: freedom from the law, from the past, and from sins. I don't really have any particular thoughts, I just like it.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I gotta get a copy of this book :)