Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day 2 reflections

I just had one of those moments where everything seems crystal clear. I came home from the Ranvestel's, watched the episode of Friends where Rachel has her baby, then came in to get ready for bed and hit play on my itunes. How deep the father's love for us came on. This has got to be one of my favorite hymns of all time. And so fitting for today's lesson on being a child of God. "how deep the father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure." I just keep thinking about how much I love the kids at church, and I'm not even their parents. Like tonight when Raya wanted me to sing and pray with her before bed, even if she was just stalling. Or seeing that Brooks is scooting around and will be crawling really soon. When Lillie wants me to pick her up or sit in my lap for a story, when Isabelle spits up on me and then smiles and probably falls asleep or giggles, when Henry wants to tell me all kinds of awesome things about God, when Harmony remembers all the little things to pray for. I really do love them all so much, and I know there parents love them way more than I do. I can't wait to spend more time with the 1 yr old boy clan and get to love them too. I love these kids a lot, I worry about them, pray for them, miss them if I don't see them for a few days, get so excited to see them that I wake up early on Sundays and feel sad when I have to leave after church. How much more does God love me as his child? I just got to have one of those glimpses tonight when I see just a small sliver of the love that God has for me, and it's amazing. How great is our God.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you for loving our kids and for investing in their lives. It does not go unnoticed!