Wednesday, July 4, 2007

funny post surgery things


Today's a funny day. My knee doesn't really hurt, it just feels like there's a lot of pressure on it. The three stitches hurt though, go figure. But I can't get my stitches wet till Thursday afternoon, so today I attempted a bath in the sink. In the end, I was clean and my stitches dry, but most of the bathroom was wet. And I learned why the doctor said to keep your leg elevated. If you don't, your foot will swell up like a balloon, it looks pretty funny. I was supposed to keep the dressings and ace bandage on till Thursday, but the ace bandage got taken off a few hours ago, and I've unwrapped the gauze twice to check out my stitches. Check out how great my knee looks though, barely any swelling and bruising. I'm such a bad patient! It's only 1:30 of day one and I'm already out of stuff to do and bored stiff. I've read, showered, watched a movie, and did as much of my scrapbook as I could before I ran out of pictures that I already had developed. I just want to drive somewhere and do something! I want to get more scrapbook stuff and pictures to catch up on my scrapbook, I need to get some thank you presents for some people, a birthday present, anything but stare at this apartment more. I But I'm supposed to wait 9 more days till I can drive. I don't think that will happen, I'll wait a few more days till I can move my knee better, but 9 days is just ridiculous. Time to hunt down that ice pack again...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad surgery went well. I'm bored too...Dave is working all day and Noah is napping. Be a good patient and take care of that knee so that you don't have to have another surgery later!