Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One more week

One week left until summer semester is over. Thank goodness. I do not like my lit class, in fact I have begun to boycott it by reading books that I want to read, not the ones that are assigned. I'm still doing well in the class, every paper I write gets the comment that I am obviously engaged in the text (which I am not) so I'm getting by. I just really want to get back to my child development and family classes. And then graduate and get a job.

I'm really struggling with my schedule right now. Usually I could tell you exactly what I am doing and when 6 weeks from now. I can't even tell you what I'm doing tomorrow, I just don't know. I'm struggling to keep my work schedule straight because there is such a language barrier. Most of my kids are Asian and their parents speak very little English. And I have lots of people who want to take lessons from me, I'm building up a pretty good reputation, but there are more kids than I have lesson slots and parents just don't understand that. And lots of the aquacise classes that need new teachers have asked for me because I give a good workout. I want to make everyone happy and say yes to everything, I just can't. I want to enjoy my last semester of school. I just need to take it one day at a time until my schedule makes more sense.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yipee on only one more week :) Ugh on the communication barrier. Isn't there a front desk that does the scheduling?

Alpha is a relational introduction to Christianity--check it out at www.alphausa.com