Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 5

Day 5: I Am United With the Lord and One With Him in Spirit

"But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him." 1 Cor 6:17 (see also Rom 8:11, Gal 2:20, 1 John 4:13)

I felt studious today and looked up the actual meaning of the word united just because it gives it some more power. United: combined into a single entity, being in harmony, to join or act together in a common pursuit or endeavor. Pretty sweet that we are united with the Lord and that we have the Spirit in us. This chapter focused a lot on what we do with our physical body.
"So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus. Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God." Rom 6:11-13
I'm thinking about lots of things I've been struggling with for the past year. Not at all honoring to my body, more like blatant dishonor. It makes me sad. I'm combined into a single entity with the Lord and do lots of things that don't make him so happy. Good thing I learned yesterday that I have already been justified.

Random other things from the day: I can't say in this apartment any longer, I enjoy the time off of working but I don't like being by myself this much, I get way too depressed. So I disobeyed the rules I was given yesterday by the doctor to stop trying to do things that mean standing up for more than 15 minutes. I went to Target and walked all around thinking of cute ideas for my future house and looking at all the cute kid stuff, then I went to the mall in search of a cute new dress, and went in every single store that would have a cute dress and found nothing. That comes up to about 3 hours of walking around. I'm paying the price with lots of swelling and a healthy dose of my pain meds, but it was worth it for the desperately needed emotional pick me up. Then because I was sad that I didn't find anything I ordered some super cute brown flats that I've been eyeing at Old Navy because they went on sale. And I got chinese for dinner, yum yum! My fortune cookie said that I would get good news from someone far away. I'm hoping that means I'll hear from Lauren again soon!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am still trying to find a cute dress for Em's wedding and can't find ANYTHING! Glad you were able to get out a little bit.