Monday, July 2, 2007

frustrated + nerves = unhappy tummy

I'm feeling frustrated right now. The surgical nurse called to pre-register me for tomorrow, and they moved me up 45 minutes, which is nice except I'd already been working on rides to and from. Then she wanted to know who was coming with me. I explained that one friend was dropping me off, and another would pick me up. Apparently you need to have the same someone with you for the whole procedure. Panic! I'm still waiting to hear back from Sarah and Emily, hopefully one of them can come with me. Then she asked who was staying with me for 24 hours. I didn't know that I had to have someone with me for 24 hours afterwards. I should be home by 5, and Ashley doesn't come home from work till 9. Grr. I wish the doctor had told me all of these things earlier. And my mom freaked me out about being put to sleep. I guess I had a bad reaction to anesthesia when I had my tonsils out as a kid. So now I'm frustrated and getting important information late, stressed that I won't be able to find someone to go with me, and nervous about the anesthesia. My tummy is making lots of noise in protest. I'm trying to relax and eat some fresh pineapple (it reduces swelling). Time to finish cleaning, take a shower, sleep early, wake up at 11:45 to eat a snack, then back to bed.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Lord I pray your peace be on Mindy today. Guide the surgeon's hands and make all the little details of the day work out. Help Mindy to trust that you have a plan and that it's perfect.