Thursday, July 5, 2007

day 2 post op

Thanks for all the posted and emailed prayer, and bringing me dinner, it was really appreciated. Yesterday was a tough one. I started running a fever around noon and it didn't break till this morning. It was just a grumpy day. The only people I saw or spoke to the entire day were the Milks for a few minutes when they brought me a yummy yummy dinner. My knee is really stiff, I have probably like 30% range of motion right now. The muscles in my leg are cramping up a lot but I can't stretch them out since I can't completely straighten my leg or bend it back very far. I'm walking up and down the hallway without my crutches forwards, backwards, and sideways, and I plan to start some therapy exercises I already know on Monday to build up those stabilizing muscles in my knee so it won't feel so wobbly. Thankfully Karissa is visiting from SC today so I'll have someone to talk to and something to do besides watch food network all day. And I can make her drive me to the store. I'm going to go to my lit class today, I walked up and down the street with my crutches yesterday and it felt ok, so I think I can make the trek to campus. Hopefully the fever stays away for good, my stitches will stop hurting, leg stop cramping, and I won't be stuck in my apartment by myself very much more. Good news is tonight I can take a shower! No more sink baths for me :-)

No comments: