Saturday, July 28, 2007

brain fart day

I think my brain has turned itself off today. I was so proud of myself this morning, I got up early and was out of the house dressed up for the wedding by 8:45. I went to Cafe Royal to work on reading The Lord of the Rings. (sidenote: so annoyed that my professor got me all interested in it and now I actually want to read it). I of course left my phone in the car so that I wouldn't get distracted. I got all in to my book and when I looked up at the clock it was 1:02. Heather and Calvin's wedding started at 1!!! So, I panicked, for a second thought about not going, but realized that was stupid, and got going. I walked in to the wedding at 1:19 and it was already over! I jumped in the receiving line and just pretended I was there. Then I went to put my card on the table and realized that I forgot to put the envelope on it. Dumb Mindy. Then on the way home I stopped at Payless because I have no food. I was checking out and thought it was weird that the bagboy put my diet cokes on the bottom of the cart because no one's ever done that. When I unloaded my groceries at home I realized that I had left the diet cokes on the bottom of the cart because who would think to look there! So I missed my friends wedding, forgot the envelope on their card, and left the ever precious diet cokes in the cart at the grocery store. I better pull it together before tomorrow...

No comments: