Wednesday, July 4, 2007

feelin good


Knee surgery was great! It was so much easier than I thought it would be. Big big giant thank you to Emily for sacrificing a very important afternoon to go with me. Anyways, I got there at 1:15, and was on the way home by 5. I did great with the anesthesia, woke up pretty nauseous but they pushed something through my IV and it went away. My knee's not really swollen from what I can see, the only pain I have is at the incision sites that are closed with one stitch each, and I can walk around the apartment with just a small limp because my knee doesn't bend that much right now. I do have crutches that I'll use for a few days if I'm going to be on my leg for more than a few minutes. They gave me prescription pain pills but I haven't needed them yet. I took one before I went to bed just in case, and it has worn off by now and it doesn't really hurt. The worse part of the whole thing was not eating for 18 hours, and the antibiotic that they pushed through my IV that made my whole arm burn. I'm taking it easy till tomorrow when I can take the ace bandage and dressings off, but I'm not released to go back to work, drive, or resume more strenuous activity till next Friday. That's ok, a week and a half off work is a welcome break! Moving it to the couch for the day to watch movies, but I can guarantee by noon I'll be bored stiff. Hopefully I can do something tonight with either Amy, the Milks, or the Ranvestels. I'm going to wait and see how my knee feels later since they said today it should get sore.

No comments: