Friday, July 27, 2007

save the kids

Good conversations yesterday. I hung out with Sarah for a bit, went to work, then came back to watch the kiddos for their date night. Then when Sarah and Tony got back we talked about some pretty intense stuff until it was midnight and we all realized that we had to get up early the next morning. By the time I got home, calmed down from what I got to walk in to at home, and could make my brain stop spinning around everything we talked about it was 3am. Oops.

Today all I can think about is how much I want to adopt lots of kids or have a big giant foster house. As Sarah put it yesterday, we want to save and take in all the unwanted or needy children in the whole world. As much as I appreciated Tony's suggestion of marrying a rich guy or do it as a single woman and get on Oprah so that I'll get some money, that's not realistic. It's hard to wait on your dreams. It's just not possible right now, and I have to wait. I can do what I can in my current life situation and wait for the bigger stuff. Every once in a while the patience fades and I get online and start investigating adoption agencies and the Indiana foster care system. I could apply to go through the foster parent process now, you don't have to be married yet. At one point I tried really hard to convince myself that I could have like one or two infants at a time at the apartment, I would just bunk my bed and put the crib underneath it and keep all the baby stuff in my 9x9 bedroom. My other 3 roommates would never even know they were there. I obviously lose touch with reality sometimes. I just need to be patient and let God develop my passion for saving all the lost and unwanted kids more until I'm ready.

No comments: