Monday, July 9, 2007

silly afternoon

Someone needs to remind me that I am not having a baby any time soon. I spent the afternoon looking up meanings, origins, and popularity of baby names and reading about child development. Favorite baby names for now are Isabella, Madison, Alexis, and the one boy name Brandon. But it doesn't matter, it will be years till I need to pick out a baby name. However, I can easily disguise my reading about child development, since I'm in the child development and family studies department. I'll pretend that I was reading about it simply for scholastic knowledge, not for being excited about the fun things coming up for the kids at church, or laying on the couch daydreaming about having lots of kids running around my dream house (2 story, yellow with white trim and a big wrap around porch if you were wondering). I realize that in my daydreaming mind I kind of skipped getting married, don't worry, I'll do that first, and I'm excited to do that someday too. Clearly, I need to get up and do something besides daydream. Probably read Sir Thomas Malory's Morte Darthur since it's like a 500 pg book that's supposed to be finished by Wednesday. I haven't started. I'm too busy daydreaming about what life will be like hopefully in like 5 yrs or so. Oops, time to focus.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I can't say that I didn't daydream about the same things when I was at that stage...