Thursday, July 12, 2007

last day on the couch

Hopefully today is my last day on the couch. I see my surgeon tomorrow to take the stitches out and he can check my progress. The past few days I've been having some pretty intense swelling, my knee resembles a basketball right now, so hopefully he'll write me a prescription for some stronger anti-inflamatories. And I'll start physical therapy tomorrow. I'm strangely excited. I get to work with the same people who helped me rehab last summer from my broken foot. Beth is so great and understands that running is important to me. They were all so great, and they can hopefully help loosen up my muscles so that my leg stops cramping up.

Being stuck on the couch for 10 days has been really hard. Exercise is the only thing that's really ever controlled my depression, so the fact that I haven't been able to do any form of exercise for that long is taking it's toll. Any motivation to do my homework is gone, the random and unstoppable crying started Sunday night, and the grumpiness and snapping at people who care about you reared it's ugly head last night after lifegroup. This morning was the first time since February that it took me over an hour to crawl out of bed. Saturday morning I'll be able to start swimming again, which is good. My brain is desperate for some serotonin and dopamine right now, and the endorphin boost won't hurt.

1 comment:

Ann said...

(((Hugs))) and prayers that the doctor releases you from your couch prison!

And hey, where's my daily dose of your devotion? I've enjoyed learning along with you :)

Here's hoping the cloud lifts soon!!