Saturday, June 30, 2007

serious nerd behavior

We always make fun of my dad for his severe nerd behavior. I exhibited some of my own tonight. My trip home to Cincy this weekend was like a mini christmas. I got a new pillow, a bookshelf, and a set of picture frames. My teeny tiny bedroom looked like it was inhabited by a very messy 7 yr old girl. I am definaly not messy, nor am I 7. So the big pink chair and pink floor lamp had to go. As did some of the posterboard artwork that was still hanging up. My bookshelf is where the nerd behavior came in. The top 2 shelves are for books, and then a shelf for tshirts and a shelf for athletic shorts. My books are organized into categories: Bibles/Journals, Christian study, Christian easy reads, and easy reads. I decided that I needed to put labels on them. Then I decided my clear plastic organizer thing on top needed labels for its drawers of tech stuff, desk supplies, and kid toys. I also stuck labels on the binders on my school bookshelf. It makes me so happy, and you can find anything you need in my room pretty easily. And my room is finally clean!!! Everything is dusted, all the furniture got pulled away from the walls so I could vacuum behind it, clean sheets and towels, and then a good Lysol spray just in case there are any germies hanging around. I just want to show off my room to someone because it looks like a clean and hyper organized semi-grown up actually lives in it, as long as you ignore my Care bear sheets (which I will give up upon moving to my own apt.). But since no one is here, I'll have to settle for sending lots of pictures to mom.

Sidenote: If anyone can use the big pink chair, you can have it! It's nice, one of those chairs that can fold up, I just don't need it anymore. And it's too nice to just throw away, so I want to find someone who can use it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wanna come over sometime and help me label/organize my house? :-)