Monday, June 25, 2007

tv

Last night was an emotional tv night. I always watch extreme makeover: home edition on Sunday nights, and I always cry. Last night there was a little boy who brought all the money in his piggybank to help the family, and he cried because he couldn't do anything but give them some money. What a giving heart for a 7 yr old boy, I sure hope he keeps that. Usually I only cry for the family, but last night I cried because I was so moved by the little boy too.

I watch Army Wives on Sunday nights too. Last night was an emotional one, one ladies husband is MIA in Iraq, and 2 other people were held hostage by a man who was haunted by seeing a 10 yr old girl raped while he was in Iraq. I cried through the whole thing. I cried for my three friends whose husbands are in the military and have already been in Iraq and might be going back. Mostly I cried for the little girl. The story they told about what happened made me sick, especially because I know that it happens way more than we hear about. I don't think I'm cut out to work with rape survivors in the ER anymore. I think I am better at working with kids who have been sexually abused, not with helping do the rape kit and talking with the friends and family about what happened. Needless to say, I went to bed crying about little boys with big hearts, soldiers, rape, and then I missed Lauren because when I start crying like that and can't stop she would always come sit with me. I woke up with big swollen red eyes, but feeling much better. I'm learning more about where I'm gifted and how to use it.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That does sound like an emotionally draining evening. ((Hugs))