Monday, June 25, 2007

impromtu sunday school lesson

I got to teach Tyler, my absolute favorite lesson today. To give you a point of reference, it's the kid who asked me to marry him and took it back, and who wanted to make sure I believed in Jesus so he could see me in heaven. Tyler and I talk about what he learned in Sunday school each week, and I know his family is very active in a church in town. Today he asked me as usual to not let go of him, but today he said "swear to God you won't drop me". I wanted to say something, but chickened out and then felt bad about it. But then he said it a second time, so we had an mini impromptu sunday school lesson on commandment #3 and not using God's name the wrong way. Trying to mix in a Bible lesson while still teaching swimming to a 7 yr old with special needs was a fun challenge. I hope he got the message. I get to teach him again Wednesday so we'll see, it'll be an opportunity to reinforce commandment 3. These are the moments I love, this is totally where my heart's at.

2 comments:

The Rock Star said...

Cute story! :)

Did you toenails grow back?

Ann said...

Those in the moment lessons are the ones that stick the best--thanks for teaching more than swimming today!