Friday, June 15, 2007

family


Today I'm reflecting on what is family, who is my family? We discuss it in classes all the time, and usually I think that if I have to talk about what is family one more time I will quit school. But seriously, what is a family. I really do think that family is more than your blood relatives, but what makes someone part of your family and not just a good friend? Today I'm thinking that I have lots of different families. I have the family I was born in to, and I love them a lot. Grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, they all count. They're my family even if I haven't seen them in years. But my family is bigger than that. I consider my roommates part of my family. I depend on them for so much, I would drop anything for them, and they would drop anything for me. Who else would think to celebrate half birthdays just for a chance to show someone that you love them. And I consider the people at church part of my family. That's a new and different kind of family. I've never really known a group of people like the ones at RVC, but I love it and I love being a part of that family. So does my family really include my relatives, roommates, and church? Man that's a big family. The more the merrier though. I like being a part of lots of different families.

3 comments:

Ann said...

You know, I was just thinking about that...I'm way closer to some of my family in Christ than my flesh and bones family! I know they say blood is thicker than water, but I'd say Christ's blood is stronger than family blood :) Glad you're part of our family!

Kim said...

We love having you in our fam!

Karissa said...

I made the fam! woot :-D You're a great sista!!