Tuesday, June 5, 2007

racing the rain

This morning I had a race with the rain. It was awesome. I had to get up at 5:30 so I could get a full run in before I saw the doctor. So I left the house at 6 and it wasn't quite light out yet. By the time I was 3 miles out it was light but you could see a big storm rolling in. So the three miles home it was a race to make it back before it started pouring. I could see the clouds sneaking up on me, and with one mile left I could hear the rain behind me. As soon as my foot hit the first stair, it started pouring. I beat the rain! It was a great run, I felt like I was flying, and I did 8:30 miles on the way home which is pretty fast for me. It was just fun, I came inside with a huge goofy grin on my face.

Doctor's appointment went really well. They figured out what's wrong, my medial plica is irritated. There are two treatment options left that haven't been tried yet. The first is injections of steroids into the plica. Let me tell you, if you want to be in a lot of pain let the doctor jam needles way inside your knee and inject things that burn. But it feels better right now. If in 2 weeks I'm still pain free then the problem is solved. If not they can do an arthroscopic procedure that's pretty simple. So I got my shots this morning, and I have to wear a brace for a few days and take today and tomorrow completely off of any exercise. I'm just so glad they know what's wrong and that it's not a big deal.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Glad you beat the rain! The kids and I got stuck in a sudden storm at the grocery store the other day, and we all got showers with our clothes on! Here's hoping the shot works...