Wednesday, June 27, 2007

pool breakthroughs

Yesterday was a big breakthrough at work. I teach a girl Alexandria who used to be a great swimmer, she could go the whole length of the pool. Something happened with her, no one really knows what, but all of a sudden she can't swim 5 yards. I've been teaching her since November, and we really haven't gotten that far, she could swim to the flags now which isn't that much. Last week she came in and showed me how she could float on her own, do her glides, and swam about 10 yrds on her own. Yesterday we practiced some stuff and then it was time to swim, she did freestyle, backstroke, and elementary backstroke the whole length of the pool! Her mom and I were so excited! She was so proud of herself too, it was great. She's happy, I'm happy, mom is happy, everyone is happy!

Now it's time for a nap. I've been up late the past few nights and haven't been sleeping that well. Today's gonna be a long one. Meeting with emily, work, finish some quick homework, then lifegroup. I'll finally have to give my lifetimony, feeling pretty nervous about it. And I need to decide if I want to call the doctor back and schedule my appointment with the knee surgeon. My knee hurts again, the shots didn't work. In fact, I think I'm going to call today, because if I need surgery I really need to do it next week so that I won't be stuck on crutches or sitting in a chair all night at Emily's wedding in a few weeks. In fact, if they could get me in on the 5th in the afternoon that would be great. Let's hope.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope all goes well with your knee stuff. Great job at the pool...I love it when you can actually see progress!