Thursday, June 21, 2007

rough morning

Today's been a rough day. The blisters on my heels still hurt a lot, but a friend of mine who's a dancer did hook me up with some pretty awesome blister bandaids. But still, day #2 without running. I'm hopeful for tomorrow. Since I still couldn't run I slept in again. I had the worst last night reliving some moments from my Sr. year on the swim team. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I woke up in an awful mood that I still haven't shaken. I was actually mad in the shower about something that happened like 4 years ago. Talk about petty. My foot has been killing me the last 2 days. I have pretty bad arthritis in the joint behind my big toe from walking around with stress fractures for so long. It hasn't been bothering me too much the last few months, and I worked with a great pain management therapist who taught me some good ways to deal with the pain without meds. But the last few days it hurts so much just to move my toe or put pressure on the joint. So lots of ice and time to practice my pain management skills. And now I need to go have my TB test read, and it's just barely swollen and has a big red circle around it. My roommate who's a nursing student looked at it and said that it's like almost a positive test. I'm just nervous because I have to have it read by the health department, and they tend to be pretty unforgiving. So we'll see. I don't think it helps their confidence that when I got my test I was coughing still from when I was sick 2 weeks ago. We'll see. At least I get to meet with Emily today, that will brighten things up for me.

1 comment:

Ann said...

BTDT on the waking up mad over something in the past! I hope your day improved and your feet feel better :)