Saturday, June 16, 2007

dream

I have a new dream. I am loving running, and today I feel like I made the switch from "I run" to "I'm a runner". A super hard interval set made the switch in my head. And I like being a runner. I like training, I love the feeling of pushing myself as hard as possible every day. Tomorrow is my rest day, and I'm dreading it. I don't like rest days, but I have to take them because it's good for me. I have 3 races I want to run before Christmas. Lady Distance Classic (10K) Aug 4th, Indianapolis Marathon Oct 20, and Thanksgiving Day Race (10k) Nov 22. My doable goal for the marathon is to finish under 4 hours. That's averaging around 9 minute miles, and I really do think I can do that, my slowest race was the half marathon in '05 and we averaged around 8:40 miles if I remember right. My dream goal is to finish under 3:40. Why 3:40 you ask? Because that's the qualifying time for Boston. My goal is to qualify and run Boston sometime in my life. How cool would it be to qualify in my first full marathon? I think it would be pretty darn cool. Here's a pic from the last race I ran, don't I look happy? Freezing cold because it was in November, but happy and excited.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I totally get the runner vs running thing. That would be so awesome if you qualified for the Boston Marathon!

Kim said...

I'm just proud of you for running! I have a serious respect for people who do, because I know how hard it can be. Go you!