Sunday, June 24, 2007

weekend

So, the weekend was ok. Here's a rundown for ya.
Friday:
My mom told me the lake was 2 hours away, it was really 3 1/2. Anyways, Friday night was really good. We finally celebrated my birthday, and I got an Ipod with the nike attachment thing to put in my shoe so it tells me how long, fast, far, etc I've been running. I was so excited, I screamed in the restaurant. And I gave dad his fathers day present which he really liked. And that was pretty much it.
Saturday:
Woke up early, went outside and sat on the back deck to just spend some time with God. Then the family got up, ate breakfast, and got the stuff together to go out on the boat. Well, it was raining and topped out at 60 degrees. I had only packed a tshirt and pair of shorts, so I borrowed one of my moms jackets and wore a towel as a skirt to stay warm. We fished for a few hours, and I was the only one who caught anything. Dad and Clayton were not happy about that. We went back, took naps, Clayton and I fished off the dock some, ate dinner, played cards, and went to bed.
Sunday:
Woke up at 6, left at 6:30 so I could be back in time for church. Church was good, and funny because in the car on the ride back home this morning I was listening to a song and thinking about what holy really means, and that's what the sermon was on. One of those sermons though where I'm feeling alright, and then half way through I'm fighting to not burst in to tears. And I decided I need some personal time for the afternoon to process the weekend. Feeling upset about family stuff, don't really know how to handle it, just upset and need to attempt to process. If you want to chat or hear about it, ask me later.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I've had sermon experiences like that...and I'm slowly learning to go up for prayer when that happens (though I'm usually too chicken and do it after the service is done!) If you want to talk about it more, two ears, one mouth over here...