Wednesday, June 6, 2007

these are a few of my favorite things...

What a great day so far. I got to sleep in since I can't run today, and I didn't even mind not running because my knee is sore from the shots. Instead I did one of the Crunch videos that I got. I choose the yoga/pilates tape and now I'm all relaxed and stretched out. My music theory class only lasted half an hour because all we had to do was play our compositions and I got to go first since my allergies are bad and the teacher felt bad for my puffy, swollen, sniffly face. Then I got to get a big diet mountain dew den pop before lunch! What a rebel huh! Got home at 11 and sat on the back porch for an hour soaking up the sun and reading the new running book that I got for my birthday. Life is good.




I'm thinking a lot about the kiddos in Mexico. I wonder what Monica is up to these days. I remember my first trip there 7 years ago when she had just been brought in. She's 13 now, so grown up! I haven't been down there for 2 years, since our family trip. And I don't feel the need to go back like I used to. It would be fun, but I don't need to go. In the past 7 years that I've been visiting them things have gotten so much better for those kids. They have much brighter futures and hope for becoming something more than a prostitute or drug dealer, which is what 95% of them went in to when they left the orphanages at 15. I miss the kids, but I know how well they're being taken care of and loved. But I like the vision of Back2Back. In my random and daydreaming mind it would be fun to start up another site in a different city. I want to change kids lives like Beth and Todd did. I just need to find out where.

No comments: