Friday, June 1, 2007

best birthday ever

I was wrong to think this would be another bad birthday. Turns out, it's the best birthday that I can remember. I got up and Ashley had decorated the apartment with streamers in classic birthday fashion. Then I went for a great run and got all my shopping done for Emily's shower tonight. I went to work to teach my one aquacise class, and while I was ending the class with stretching, all the lights in the pool cut off, the office door opened, and out came the aquatics staff with a big plate of cookies and a little tiny cake with a candle on it. Everyone sang happy birthday to me and I got to blow out my candle. Then I got to go to Sarah's for a while and watch the kids and just hang out for a little bit. I came home and had flowers, birthday cards, and a present from Lauren (which was the cupcake stand I've been wanting!) Then tonight I get to go to Emily's shower, which I am SO excited for. Really, it's been the best birthday ever. Family is celebrating in a few weeks when we have a family weekend at a lake house. The only thing that could make this day any better would be Lauren and Karissa actually being here to share it with me.


2 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Mindy!!!! Glad you had a good day! Hope you had a good time at the shower tonight!

menonita said...

here is a very good blog. good photos and writings. really i love here :) if u want to a good blog it is
http://www.terrakki.net