Thursday, August 30, 2007

decision time

It's time for some decisions. My life needs to be tweaked a little, my priorities are not lining up with my activities.
Decision #1: Cut back on my hours at the Y. Hold me accountable to this one, because I'm most scared about this. I'm going to get rid of my Monday and Wednesday afternoon private lessons, which only gets rid of 4 hours a week, but its an important 4 hours. I had the whole week off because the pool is closed this week, and I actually got my homework done, exercised, slept well, ate well, and spent time hanging out with people. My plan is to go to work tomorrow and spend some time on the phone with my swim lesson parents trying to reassign them to other instructors. I currently don't have a boss since her last day was Tuesday and they haven't hired anyone else. Great time to cut back with the intention of quitting soon. Oh well, it's gotta be done.
Decision #2: This one needs to be prayed about because I just don't know. I know that I am 100% completely burned out at the Crisis Center. I've barely been volunteering there lately, and I still dread every shift. But I really believe in the cause, and I see a lot of organizational problems. I know that the board of directors has empty chairs, and I am considering resigning as a volunteer and joining the board. But I just wouldn't be me if I wasn't volunteering somewhere. Right now I don't know if I want to volunteer at CASA or Big Brothers, Big Sisters. CASA is court appointed special advocates for children who are in the system because they have been abused or neglected in some way. Big brothers, big sisters I would obviously have a little sister. I just want to really invest in some kids lives who really need it. I just need to pray some more about it.
Decision #3: This one also is going to require some more prayer time. I just don't know what job I want to pursue, and that's kind of an important one. School based case management, family life education, child care, therapy, children/family services. These people are all coming to our professional development class, so hopefully when I hear them talk I'll be able to decide.

1 comment:

Kim said...

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'll be praying that God opens the doors that need to be opened and that you would have peace about the decisions you make.