Sunday, August 26, 2007

church

Church was good today. My mom and brother both came since my mom was here for the weekend to celebrate his birthday. The sermon really spoke to my mom, she was asked to lead a women's small group at her church at home, and she was really nervous about it. But she said that she feels really good about it now, and that it's probably better that she feels like she has no clue what she's doing because God's going to have to do it. Talked with lots of people after church who were really feeling something hitting home. I feel so grateful for the community that I have at RVC. I never have been a part of a healthy community before, I never fit in with my real family very much, and any group that I identified with before was usually pretty self destructive. I love that I have so many people I can call if I just need to chat, or need help with something, or want someone to celebrate with. RVC is the reason that I decided to stay in Lafayette for good after graduation, and I couldn't be happier. Yay for community, I love it.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you got so much out of the sermon (and your mom too!). Community is wonderful...and we love having you in it...see you tomorrow!

Ann said...

Tony's illustrations were definitely memorable this week! I definitely struggle with the community thing-- I'm "in" a bunch of them, but mostly don't feel part of them, like the neighborhood party we went to tonight. I'd rather be playing with the kids :)