Monday, August 20, 2007

last first day of school

Today was my last first day of school. It feels good, the end is definitely in sight. I really liked the classes I've had so far. I'm taking:
~individual and group intervention and therapy
~family intervention and therapy
~working with parents
~career and professional development
~working for nonprofit organizations
~business writing (online)
~ballet
Yup, 7 classes. This is the good stuff. I'm really excited for my career and professional development class. It's required for your last semester before you graduate or get an internship. Basically we meet twice a week and different people from the greater Lafayette area, or even Indy, come and tell us about their place and then beg us to work for them. The point of the class is to land a job or internship. I'm really excited because I know I want to stay here, and now I get to have lots of people from around here come and beg for me to work for them for basically no money. Good thing I really love what I'm going in to. Today I totally connected with Tony's sermon from 2 weeks ago when he talked about sometimes being ashamed or trying to hide the fact that he's a pastor. Not that I didn't connect with that before, but I had one of those moments today. We had to share in class what we eventually hope to do professionally, and I was embarrassed to say that I would love to eventually be a children's pastor some day. It's so dumb and I don't totally understand it. I've been praying for God to open my eyes to someone in my classes who really needs to experience Him. I'm pretty sure that being really ashamed that I want to be a children's pastor some day isn't the way to get there. My major is pretty split into the Christian girls and the wild party animals. The groups usually stay to themselves, but we have lots of assigned group projects in various classes this semester, so the opportunities will be there to really get to know these other girls more. Time to start praying for open eyes and an extra shot of boldness.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congratulations on your last first day! I'll be praying that God will give you the words as opportunities arrive. :-)