Tuesday, August 14, 2007

EEG

I was so bummed that I left my phone in the car when I went to get my EEG today. It would have been a great picture. Just imagine me with 30 electrode things taped all over my head, and red marker drawing all over my face. I had to have my hair down but with no product in it which makes for a fuzzy wavy mess, and no make up which is not a nice thing to do to someone who has really bad skin. Very funny when you put the crazy hair, electrodes, and marker together. What was not so funny was that I had a sleep deprived EEG, which meant I had to stay up all night with no caffeine, and then I had to fall asleep for the actual procedure. It's very hard to sleep with all those things taped on you, and someone staring at you recording every twitch. I was supposed to sleep for 30 minutes, I only actually slept for 10, but was very relaxed for the rest, and the technician said that they got really great readings so hopefully the neurologist can figure something out. The nurse felt bad for me that I was there all alone, and she tried to cheer me up by getting me a cup of coffee before I left. It was a very nice gesture, but very disgusting coffee. I took a few actual sips, pretended a few more, and went to the bathroom and dumped it out as soon as I left. But it was really nice of her, because it is hard to do this stuff alone. It's scary to hear words like tumor, aneurysm, epilepsy, and heart disease thrown around knowing that they are all slim chances, but still chances. And that I have to wait several weeks to find out. It's hard to know that your parents are sick of you having medical problems and blame you for it or think that it's your fault, you made it up, and you're exaggerating it. Thankfully I got to talk with Lauren for a while last night, she understands my family situation and will listen to me freak out and then pray with me. She'll be back in a few days, yay!

2 comments:

Kim said...

((hugs)) sorry you had to go through that alone. Hope that everything turns out OK. We're praying for you. Call if you need anything!

Ann said...

((hugs)) That does sound like a picture worthy moment, and I'm glad you saw the humor in it. We're praying for healing for you! I'm sorry your family doesn't understand--blaming the patient doesn't do a lot of good :(