Tuesday, August 21, 2007

good news!

Today is full of good news! I got my EEG (look at my brain waves) back, and the results were all normal. I think that means I can probably stop having the nightmare where I have a brain tumor and I'm bald for Lauren's wedding in January. They did my EKG (look at my heart rhythms) today, and were able to schedule my tilt table test for Monday morning, which means that by Sept 4th we should have a pretty good idea of what's going on. I had my first day back in ballet today as well, and I noticed something that I think will help the doc figure me out. Every time we did a cambre (just a back bend with your arm extended over your head) I got really dizzy, and every time I stretched one or both arms above my head I got really dizzy. Clues are good things.

Other good news.....I ran for the first time since surgery tonight! I am definitely very out of shape, but I can run! Even if it's only a little bit right now, I'm still very happy.

Just wait, the good news isn't over yet. Allie, my new roommate, is a foods and nutrition major. For one of her classes, they have to find someone to counsel. Like make them food plans, exercise programs, all that stuff. Since I have put on quite a bit of squish since I had knee surgery and my clothing choices are getting limited, I get to be her counselee. So starting in a few weeks she has to meet with me twice a week to help me make meal plans and exercise plans, and she lives with me so she'll keep me to it. I'm excited. I'm glad to have someone teach me how to eat properly now that I'm putting my food issues behind me.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Double and triple woo hoo! I was wondering if you had been running yet...I don't know if the live in FN counselor is a good thing or a bad thing--but it'll definitely help you keep to your plan!