Wednesday, May 16, 2007

weird day

Let's start with pool story of the day. It involves the tot docks which I think are unnecessary and slightly dangerous, but whatever. Tot docks are these big 6ft x 3ft platform things that are usually on the side by the wall for the kids to sit and wait and put their stuff on. But some instructors like to put them in the water for the younger kids so they can "touch the bottom". It gives the little kids false security, and they don't pay attention and just walk off the side so you have to pay even more attention than usual. But that's not the story. The story is that the instructor who taught before me didn't take her tot dock out, and since I teach 9-10 yr olds I needed it out. So I'm lifting it out, and of course, one of the bolts catches on my bathing suit and rips a large hole in a very awkward spot. Thankfully I had two suits on and it only ripped the top suit which was already pretty dead. Just really awkward to teach the rest of my lesson with a poorly placed hole in my suit before I had a chance to get out and take it off. But that's how things go at the pool.

My mom gave me a great CD by Aaron Shust. It's one of those Cd's where every single song speaks to you. This morning before I hopped in the shower I switched my favorite song on, and half an hour later I was still sitting there listening, thinking, and praying. It was great, except that I realized it was 9 and I needed to leave for class in 10 minutes and I was still in my sweaty running clothes, hadn't eaten yet, and wouldn't be home for about 13 hours so I needed to pack food for the day. Anyways, here's the part of that chorus that's really speaking to me.
"Search my heart, search my mind, search my soul.
Make me clean, make me new, make me whole.
All of my plans, all of my dreams, I lay them down before your feet.
All of my time, all that was mine, I now submit to your design."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love those cd's where every song speaks you. love praying in the shower... sounds like a good day altogether. :)