Friday, May 18, 2007

one of those days

Today was one of those days. Every few months I just have one of those days where I'm so exhausted mentally and emotionally that I can't do anything. I didn't run, clean, wash dishes, cook, shower, practice piano, do homework, or read. I went to work and other than that I laid on the couch wrapped up in a blanket watching TV shows with nothing good about them and ate brownies for lunch. I let my phone ring and didn't answer it, I left IM's and emails unanswered, and basically hid for the day. I did decide that I need a vacation sometime this summer. Not just a day off from work, or a quick trip home to see the family because that is certainly not vacation. But several days off in a row from work, the crisis center, and school. I was talking with some of the other instructors at work, saying how I wanted to take a true vacation just for a few days and go somewhere with friends. But I specified single friends because as much as I love all of my married, engaged, and dating friends, it's fun to hang out with other single people once in a while and not be caught up in conversations about what did he mean by this, will these flowers go with my dress, which house should we buy, etc. But the more we talked about it, the more I was reminded that I don't have single friends. Really, my best friends are already married with kids, or getting married in the next few months. And that's totally fine with me because I love spending time with them, their husbands/fiance's, and their kids. But only one single friend, Karissa. The one person who reminds me that it's ok to be single and it's not the horrible curse that I think it is. So maybe a vacation with single friends isn't possible, but a break from both jobs and school for a few days is necessary or I have a feeling that more days like this are in the near future.

No comments: