Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cupcakes


I made cupcakes today. I'm feeling very ambivalent about them. The idea I had in my head didn't translate in my frosting. I had the wrong frosting tip, and my hands were shaky. The plan was to make flowers, and you can tell they're flowers, but not the extra pretty ones I imagined. They turned out looking ok, but definitely not my best. They are yummy though, lemon cupcakes, because who doesn't like lemon in the summer. I'm bringing some to the church picnic tomorrow, slightly embarrassed because this is definitely not my best frosting job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the meantime, I have five places I want to send resumes and cover letters to. I'm having a hard time with the cover letter thing, no one likes to list good things about themselves. It's just awkward and it makes me uncomfortable. Good thing mom really likes to write those things and is good at it, and every draft I write she and dad proof for me. Now it's time to buy resume paper and stamps.

2 comments:

Ms. Theophilus said...

Ooh, those look GREAT! Guess what I'm having at the picnic tomorrow :)

Check out my blog about Harmony's cake...I know the feeling about it not turning out the way you envisioned...

Ms. Theophilus said...

Henry and Harmony (and I!) all loved the cupcakes--Harmony was very cute licking the icing off first :)