Monday, May 28, 2007

oreo truffles and indoor rain


What a morning. I woke up, went for an amazing run and now my knee is killing me, but it was worth it. Cleaned the bathroom, showered, read some more of Start Here that Tony gave me. Then I decided it was time to make Oreo truffles for life group on Wed. They taste amazing, and I'm pretty happy with how they look. It would have been better if I had remembered white chocolate for the decoration, but it still looks good and I'm excited to bring them.

Then, the thunderstorm rolled in. I would have been all excited because it was just about nap time, and I love naps during thunderstorms. Except that we have 3 big leaks in our ceiling right by our sliding door that just popped up in Saturday night's thunderstorm. And leak is an understatement. Two of them are steady streams of water that fill up the buckets in 3 or 4 minutes. So I spent some quality time with a bunch of buckets that constantly needed emptying, dishtowels, and eventually a blow dryer because the arm of the couch was soaked. And of course, it's a holiday so no one is at the leasing office. Let's hope it doesn't rain anymore today even though the forecast says it will.

1 comment:

Ann said...

yummy looking truffles! total sympathy on the raining inside--for five years we fought the battle of the leak, and ended up just chopping off the culprit dormer...