Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fun Pool Days

I started a bunch of new lessons today, By far my favorite kids. A fun 8 yr old Shaun, a brother and sister Anton and Nadia, and a CUTE little tiny 3 yr old boy named Shannon. All of them are SO excited about swimming and about life. They come running in with huge smiles on their faces and love being in the water even if it means swimming a lot, just as long as they get the last 5 minutes to play with the diving rings or jump in from the side. And they're so excited about life. Anton got a new little kid trampoline with SpiderMan on it, and he wanted to show me all the things he could do on it. Shannon wanted to sing songs while we did everything, so we had some rousing renditions of Old MacDonald, Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and the Pancake song.

When did we lose that uninhibited excitement for everything in life? How much better would my outlook on life be if I found that kind of joy in everything I do? I think that's why I love kids so much, they feel everything so deeply and are so honest. They get so excited about things like getting the lime green diving ring, they laugh endlessly when you sing a funny song, and even when they're upset about something at least they're honest about it and don't feel the need to hide their feelings. Maybe that's why I have no problem holding a crying kid forever.......

No comments: