Sunday, May 27, 2007

patience

To echo Ann's post, I'm having a day where God's really trying to teach me something. Last night I went on a run, one of the best runs I've ever had. 5 miles spent praying and just spending time with God. It went by so fast and I didn't even realize how bad my knee hurt till I got home. But the last 2 miles I was just reflecting on patience and how much I struggle with being impatient and wanting things right now. Sometimes I think I resemble some of the 2 yr old girls I love so much, because I want things my way right now and I don't want to share. I pray for patience all the time, and I want it NOW.

This morning I was in RVCkids, and the lesson was on patience. I love how kids church songs can make you think and teach you so much. People who think that you're "missing" church if you're working with the kids are just crazy. It's just learning in a different way.
Be patient, be patient
Don't be in such a hurry.
When you get impatient
You only start to worry.
Remember, remember
That God is patient to.
So think about the times
That others had to wait for you.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yup, I'm an overgrown kid--I get as much or more from kid's church as from "big people's" church.

God give me patience, but give it to me now! :)