Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rocks

"The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever flowing spring." Psalm 58:11

I am really enjoying finding these verses about going through a valley, whether it's a spiritual, physical, or emotional one. I want to be like a well watered garden or an ever flowing spring. I sure don't feel like one right now. To tie in a kids church lesson from a few weeks ago, I feel like I have a lot of rocks in my heart right now that are making it hard for God to plant seeds that will grow into big strong things that produce something useful. Rocks keep you from being a good garden or a stream that keeps flowing. I can feel the rocks, I just don't know what they all are. And I know that there are some real "rocks", and some things that feel like rocks but are really just a bunch of lies and guilt about having rocks in the first place. If only my awesome hand puppet Rocky could talk me through this one :-)

Lord, open up my eyes so that I can see the rocks in my heart that are keeping me from growing deeper with You. Continue to guide me through this valley with strength to go one day at a time.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Cool analogy! I'm glad your "valley walk" is at least reaping some lessons right now. Ya know, God talks about being a rock and a fortress, so maybe some of those are God opportunities :)