Friday, September 21, 2007

personal day

Today I got to take a "personal day". It wasn't on purpose, but I think God knew I just needed a little bit of me time that I really haven't had lately. I worked at the crisis center all night, and didn't get a wink of sleep. I thought I had pink eye and the itching kept me up all night long. So, thinking I had pink eye, I called the pool first thing in the morning and said that I wouldn't be in to teach my aquacise classes or my special needs kids today. I went home, took some allergy medicine, and my eye cleared right up. I must have gotten some dust or pollen or something in my eye, and then rubbing it around in there all night made it seem like I had pink eye. Since I had already callen in sick for work, I decided I didn't need to call back and say never mind I can come in. So I took a personal day. I took a 3 hour nap, got Lauren's birthday present, and tried to do some shopping at the mall for professional clothes but only ended up with one sweater. It was just a nice relaxing day and I feel so rejuvinated. This is the first time in college that I've really had the time to have a social life, and I think I'm enjoying it a little too much. I need to set some limits for myself, like being in by 10 on week nights, and picking one night of the week where I will stay home and do homework so that I'm not scrambling every single morning to finish stuff up. I love having friends, being connected, and hanging out with people, I just need to remember that I'm still a student. And that I'm a true introvert at heart and need some me time each week to recharge. All in all, a great day, and now I'm off to see Bill play at the coffee house my friend owns.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Woo hoo for found time!!!

Kim said...

I'm so glad that you had a relaxing day! Go you!