Friday, September 28, 2007

Things are looking up

"But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "God is great!" But as for me, I am poor and needy; please hurry to my aid, O God. You are my helper and my savior; O Lord, do not delay." Psalm 70:4-5

I had a great realization in my quiet time this morning. Even king David went through serious spiritual droughts. And he was honest with God about it. It's ok to tell God that I'm just not feeling it right now and I need his help. Thoughts that will come in the next few days as I continue to process: I have lost the sense of worship in all of the work that happens on Sundays. More to come probably tomorrow, I still need to think a bit on this one.



On another note, I made an effort counteract the last few days that have been not so good. I went to my favorite coffee shop to have my quiet time, only to find that they just posted a sign saying that they are closing Sunday for a month while they move to another location that's on the other side of campus. Bummer. But I continued my efforts. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed the nice weather. I was strong and told Julie that I wouldn't be at the guys place for game night, that I just really needed some me time. So, cleaned the apartment up, I made a ton of homemade applesauce which I might bring to the church picnic, I made pigs in a blanket for tailgating with the family tomorrow, and I dyed my hair a chestnut brown. It's 10pm and I am ready to curl up in bed with a book, some hot apple cider, and just relax. Roommate and her boyfriend tried to make me feel like a loser for staying home alone on a Friday night, but they will not rain on my parade. I need to regroup, and it feels great.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Good for you and good for you. I think the enemy DOES attack us for teaching Kid's Church--I know both Kim and I were feeling it after our last round. I don't know if that's comforting or not, but you are most definitely not alone in the valley :)