Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home sweet home

It's so good to be home again. By home I mean West Lafayette, some people think that home is where your parents live so I need to clarify. The trip went so much better than I thought it would, until this morning. Apparently if you wear your hair in a ponytail to church, you are an embarrassment to the family and it makes you ugly. Anyways, at the grandparents I had great conversations with my favorite cousins, got more sleep that I thought I would with 6 of us kids sleeping on the floor in the basement. It was great to see how God's really changed a few of their lives, and where there's some great opportunity for God to work still. One fun thing, my family surprised me with a graduation party. It was good to celebrate with them all, and my uncle who's a great public speaker gave a speech about me that was really nice.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you had a good time for the most part, but we love having you back!

Ann said...

Welcome back! Cool on the party, complete with speech!

Kelsey said...

No matter how you wore your hair, you wouldn't look ugly. :) I like the idea of looking at areas that need improvement as "good opportunities for God to work"--thanks for that perspective!