Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Game of Life

Eric and I went old school last night and played the game of Life. The only problem was, we couldn't really remember how to play the game. We forgot to pick up career and salary cards, we didn't know we could buy stock, and the worst part was we forgot how you won. Was it the person who reached retirement first? In that case, Eric won. Was it the person who had the most money when they got to retirement? In that case, I definitely won. The funniest thing was that the life tiles and spaces that I landed on were so me. I got to adopt two kids, learn sign language, won a humanitarian award, ran a world record mile, won a marathon, and traveled to Italy. Unfortunately, my split level house that cost $30,000 got hit by a tornado that ended up costing me $125,000.

What does winning in "real" life even mean. It's definitely not who has the most money when they retire, even though it is important to save/plan for retirement. It's probably not who gets to retire first. I know that winning in life has everything to do with Jesus, but I don't totally know what it looks like. Something to ponder on my run...

1 comment:

Ann said...

Good question! I think winning is hearing "Well done, my good and faithful servant"...