Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Top 10 Tuesdays

Ann's blog got me thinking this morning on my way to work....So here are my top 10 reasons why I love working with kids.

10) Kids tell you how it is, they don't sugar coat things or beat around the bush
9) Everything can be done in games, even the serious stuff
8) There are constantly teachable moments if you're looking for them
7) Watching a kid get something they've been working hard on, like tying shoes or zipping their own coat
6) Reading books is cool, you can use all your funny voices
5) Cuddle time
4) You can put motions to any song you're sing loud and off key and it's the greatest thing ever.
3) Holding a sleeping baby has got to be the best feeling in the world
2) A good Dora band aid can save the day.
1) Most kids don't have the emotional baggage that adults have, it keeps those relationships simple and honest.

This list was a good one to make as I was sitting at the doctor's office with one of the kids on my caseload at 7:30am during finals week. Oh work. At least they got my full time position approved, so I'll be full time at the first of the year.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Great list! Harmony loves her Dora bandaids....and we make games or sing songs about everything :)

Kim said...

That's a fun list Mindy! Thanks for sharing!