Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm Back!

I'm back. Home sweet home. Being gone for two weeks is way too long. The past two weeks have been interesting. I'll try to sum it up and go in order.

Graduation: Well, it almost didn't happen because of the snow. Thankfully though, it still did. Everyone made it, and Lauren graduated with highest distinction. Seriously, when they had everyone stand up who had highest distinction, I got all teary because I was so proud. We got some great pictures on my mom's camera, I'll post one as soon as she sends them to me.

Cancun: Pretty good. The weather was amazing, I got to read 5 books, drink a delicious mango-tango every afternoon on the beach, and eat shrimp every day. We even took an hour and a half drive to Tulum to see the Mayan ruins. It was actually pretty neat, the guide who walked us through made everything really interesting. We got to snorkel one day too, which is usually one of my favorite things to do. This time it wasn't as great. The water was FREEZING, their weren't as many bright fish, and the guy rushed us. However, we did swim across several stingrays and a 5 ft long barracuda swam right underneath me. Family stuff was difficult. I went to bed at 8pm every night because my emotions were just running so raw. My family places so much emphasis on weight, food, and exercise. I felt like I was going out of my mind. I just tried to focus on relaxing and enjoying the weather.

Home: What a busy few days. I did so much shopping to get work clothes and found some really great deals. Yesterday, I was watching tv and getting a headache, so I took my glasses off and they broke in half! So my mom rushes me over to lens crafters so fast you'd think I was in some kind of medical emergency. My frames were discontinued, so I had to pick out new glasses. I was so bummed, I loved my glasses. I asked the lady who was helping me to find me something the exact same as what I had. We found something close, and I don't love them, but I'm hoping they'll grow on me. Lauren gets married in 7 days! I can't stop thinking about it, I'm so excited! Tonight I get to watch Raya and Brooks, and I can't wait. I missed those two so much, every time I called Sarah, Raya would ask when I was coming back.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yea! So good to have you back in the blogosphere! Sounds like you have had a busy two weeks. Enjoy watching the kids tonight while Tony and Sarah are at the play. Good to have you back!

Ann said...

Welcome home!!! Sounds like a busy couple of weeks :) Glad you survived family time, I'd be going to bed early too :)