Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Work and Life = crazy

This has been a fun week at work. They let me move my office! I was in a glorified closet by all the filing cabinets, now I have an office twice that size, it has a window with cute white lace curtains, a chair that doesn't squeak and groan, business cards (I feel very grown up carrying those around), AND.....the real bonus.....an old apple computer from 1990. And the girls and I sat around the office munching on cookies and chatting about life. Oh, and I got my first paycheck, which is always fun.

Besides work, I feel like life is kicking me in the pants right now. I just feel the weight of the world. I don't like holding the fate of a child's life in my hand. I hated having to fight with my family about not being able to counsel my twin cousins and their parents because it's unethical. I got asked to lead the Women Who've Been There support group for women who've been sexually assaulted. Lauren nailed me about how if I want my relationship with Eric to go anywhere I can't just keep fitting him in. I'm really struggling with feeling so burdened with life that it's hard to keep going. I've been listening to a lot of hymns lately, and God's really been speaking to me through them. They've been bringing me a lot of peace lately, and I just think it's funny to listen to slow melodic hymns while I'm running. A real juxtapositions.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I didn't realize you had started the "real" job already before graduation...that's awesome! Hope that you can find balance soon!