Friday, November 16, 2007

End of the Beginning

I graduate from college in 29 days. My best friend gets married in 49 days. So much is changing, especially this week. I started volunteer training for Vision of Hope, I started training for my job at Debra Corn Agency, and I had my last day at the YWCA today. I really don't do well with goodbye's after having to move so much as a kid. I try and avoid them at all costs, so I just snuck out the back door at the Y today. I'm totally ok with that.

Volunteer training for VOH. Amazing, really there aren't any other words for it. I really hope that some day in the near but not super close future a job opens up for me there. It's really challenging me to memorize scripture more. I sit in training and everyone else is like, "oh yeah, it says in Galatians....." I wish I could do that, and I want to know so much more about my God, who he is, what he's like, what he's promised us.

New job at Debra Corn Agency. Well, right now it's boring. I'm just doing my training, which on Thursday consisted of 4 hours of sitting in a quiet room all by myself reading papers and articles about the legal process these kids go through. Monday I will continue that reading for 4 or 5 more hours. Then I have to watch a bunch of videos and take a quiz on the HIPPA stuff. After that I get to start shadowing. When I left for work Thursday, I looked in the mirror at myself and laughed. I really am growing up. It was like I was staring at some other woman who looks like she's got her stuff together and knows exactly what she's doing. I sure don't have all my stuff together (and I don't think anyone ever has everything together), nor do I know what I'm doing. I'm wavering back and forth between my NANC certification, an MSW (masters in social work), or a masters in counseling. I get to see my really cool cousin over Thanksgiving, and I can't wait to talk about this with him and spend time praying about it. I'm hoping the few days away in Pennsylvania will bring some clarity, not just more family drama.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm not good at transitions either, and you have a bunch at once! I totally get the looking in the mirror and wondering who that is looking back at me...congrats!