Monday, November 5, 2007

Time for serious prayer

So, it's time to do some serious praying. I did an informational interview with Vision of Hope today for a class project. It's a residential treatment center for women 14-28 who are struggling with unwed pregnancy, drug and alcohol addiction, eating disorders, or self harm and want to voluntarily get help through a Biblical center. Well, after I finished all of my questions for my class project, and I was so interested and impressed that I asked her more questions. I was asking so many questions that were really specific comparing it to my own experience in a treatment center. To make a long story short, I ended up telling her about my own journey with an eating disorder and self harm, and she was really interested in what made me change, which was 100% God. At the end of our chat, she asked me to strongly consider applying to be one of their three live in staff residents. I have to send her my information by Wednesday morning. Of course, this has to be the week that Sarah is out of town and Lauren is too busy to chat this out with me. It's time for some serious prayer, and I need to find someone to talk this out with.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Lord, I pray for guidance for Mindy right now. Show her your path; be her good Shepherd and show her the way.